Homeowners prefer light exterior house paint colors. Trends change over the years, nonetheless light colors are in for 2023.
These are some exterior paint colors preferred according to Realtor® Magazine.
- Light gray
- Light brown
- Medium blue
Lighter exterior homes have benefits.
- Energy Efficiency:
- Light colors reflect sunlight and heat.
- The interior of the house is cooler during summer.
- Aesthetic Appeal:
- Light colors can make a home appear larger
- Homes are more inviting.
- Offers great curb appeal when combined with landscaping, lighting, and architecture.
- Resale Value:
- Color popularity
- These colors are appealing to potential buyers.
- Light colors can also increase the resale value of a home.
- Lighter colors tend to show less dirt and wear than darker colors.
- Offers ease maintenance and cleaning.
- In warmer climates, light colors reflect heat.
- In colder climates darker colors absorb heat.
Overall, homeowners prefer light exterior house colors due to many factors. These factors vary and include energy efficiency, appeal, resale value, maintenance and climate.
If you are looking to give your home a new look, then consider painting the exterior. However, if you will be selling your home, you might want to consider a light color paint.
For more homeselling tips, contact me today!